Friday, December 15, 2006

What I'm Reading Now

All of the books I currently have in my reading pile are Teen books. Why is that? I can't seem to find anything on our J fiction shelf that is keeping me interested. Maybe it's because we haven't received any new books lately (despite recommending plenty of titles to my department head). Anyway here's what I'm currently reading, just finished, or have waiting at home to read while on vacation.

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
I can't tell you how paranoid this book is making me. I've been having weird dreams at night. I check CNN every few hours for possible enviromental disasters. I've even been cautious of what I'm eating and wearing for no apparent reason. Other than these phobias I'm really enjoying the book and can't wait to get back to reading it. I've tried reading it while I'm at the desk, but I just can't concentrate fully on the book.

The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin
I finished this book in only 3 days, whick is a miracle since I've had children. I was really interested in it and I still find myself thinking about the characters since I've finished it. It's been on lots of lists this year and now I know why.

Sold by Patricia McCormick
Haven't started it yet, but looking forward to it next week. It has been getting a lot of attention this year too and I hope it lives up to the hype.

No comments: