Friday, December 15, 2006

Mock Caldecott 2007

My library held it's 3rd Mock Caldecott Election a few weeks ago. I initiated the Mock Election when I began working here - and it is one of my favorite things to put together each year. Our list of candidates was compiled by all of the Children's Librarians in my library and then voted on by staff and the public. Because we have 6 Librarians that put together the final list, I don't necessarily agree with the entire selection. I would have included a few other titles but we keep our list short as to not confuse the general public.

Our Candidates:
Adele & Simon by Barbara McClintock
Beach by Elisha Cooper
Below by Nina Crews
Dear Fish by Chris Gall
An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Aston (Sylvia Long)
Five For A Little One by Chris Raschka
Follow the Line by Linda Ljungkvist
Hippo, No Rhino! by Jeff Newman
Mammoths on the Move by Lisa Wheeler (Kurt Cyrus)
Move! by Steve Jenkins
Play, Mozart, Play! by Peter Sis
So Sleepy Story by Uri Shulevitz
Ten-gallon Bart by Susan Stevens-Crummel (Dorothy Donohue)
Thelonius Monster’s Sky-High Fly Pie by Judy Sierra (Edward Koren)
Walk On: A Guide For Babies of All Ages by Marla Frazee

Our Winner:

Mammoths on the Move

Honor Books:

Adele & Simon and Dear Fish


So there you have it. Here's to hoping that we got one of the future winners on our list.

No comments: